This post doesn't have much to do with fashion, fitness or beauty but it is definitely food for thought. A few days ago, my fellow blogger Trey asked his followers on twitter, in what sense does a female mature faster than a male? Here's my response:
Not only do females physically mature faster, they also do so on a mental and an emotional level.
Women are naturally the more nurturing sex. Our "traditional" and biological role is that of a caregiver. So we become more responsible earlier in life. Or, we may be EXPECTED to be more responsible earlier in life. Either way, it produces the same result. If you think back to your younger years, girls generally learn to follow directions must faster than boys... They're also potty trained much faster than boys. Hmmm...
Also, because men are not the naturally nurturing type, they can be a little more selfish than women are and unable to see and think outside of themselves. Some men grow out of this selfish state, and others don't (and I can name a few....)
Women seem to be more in touch with their emotions and are generally able to communicate them better. This may translate to being more mature but that's up for debate.
Now of course, there are ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS. Some women are just as immature or even more immature than most men. For me, I've learned the hard way that a lot of men at this age (20-24) won't be ready to settle down or be serious about relationships, careers, etc. Their minds are on other things.
Could Berlin be the next fashion capital? Quite possibly. Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Berlin took place on July 7-11, and to my surprise, I discovered some amazing designer pieces comparable to some of my faves Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton and Thakoon. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating...The shows carried with them a unique German flare while still maintaining the ability to relate internationally. Here are a few of my favorites:
For years we've known that certain herbal teas are good for you. They speed up your metabolism, fill your body with antioxidants, and have a natural calming effect. I've decided to experience the joys of tea for myself and to see if it actually makes a difference. So far, so good!
(1) Relax: After a long day, I heat up some water and brew a cup of Tazo Green Tea. It is infused with chamomile and spearmint to add extra flavor. It tastes great as is, without sugar, milk or lemon.
(2) Soothe: I leave about 1/3 of the green tea in the cup before going to sleep. The next morning, I use it to soothe puffy eyes or to tone my skin. After cleansing, take 2-3 cotton balls and dab them in the tea. Rub the moistened cotton balls over your face for instant toning and a refreshed look. Trust me, you'll notice a major difference!
(3) Bathe: Save the tea bag for a relaxing bath later on that night. Run warm bath water and throw the tea bag in, letting it steep. The aroma of a tea bath is super calming and does wonders for your skin! (add a little almond milk for moisture)
Most of us are familiar with Rachel Roy's designer line Rachel Roy New York. However, I wasn't too familiar with her more affordable line until today. I finally got a chance to scan the Rachel by Rachel Roy collection in person at Macy's without being rushed away by my infamous shopping partner, my mom. I saw sooo many great, affordable pieces!! Here are two of my favorites:
(2) Mark Juice Gems: This lip gloss is amazing! You only need to use a little to get your lips soft and shiny. AND, it's long-lasting so you won't have to keep reapplying it. You won't pay more than 8 bucks for a large tube.
(3) Lancome Juicy Tubes (one of my all time faves) Lancome Juicy Tubes are definitely one of my all time favorites. A bit expensive but worth it!