Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Every human being is the author of his own health or disease."

My Two Cents: The title of today's blog post is a message that I hope my readers take seriously and adhere to. We are only given one body and one life, so it is VERY important that we make smart decisions about what we're eating, how much we're exercising, the amount of stress we endure, the people we surround ourselves with, and so on. I was very disturbed to recently find out that my mother may be pre-diabetic. It is frustrating not only because I care about her health, but because her mother and all of her sisters already have diabetes. One more will possibly be added to the list. Yes, there are some genetic facotrs related to the prevalence of diabetes in certain communities, BUT I don't want to make excuses for her or other memebers of my family when I have watched them feed their bodies questionable food for years.

Aside from food, my mother and I talked about how the mind and body are intricately connected. STRESS KILLS! Your body performs and serves you better when your mind is clear and free of worry. Try not to let the everyday hustle and bustle of life take over your sanity and peace of mind (as I have too often let happen).

I think it's all about self-control and treating yourself (mind and body) to the respect it deserves. We all deserve health. We all deserve happiness. And having both is completely and entirely up to you.

xoxo,

Alessandra


Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments:

Post a Comment